FYA - For Young Adult Ministry
House of Worship Christian Church
For Young Adults Ministries, Acts 2:1-4
Welcome to the F.Y.A. (For Young Adults) ministry. We are excited about what God is doing with our young people here at the House of Worship. We appreciate the opportunity to have you share in this move of the Holy Spirit of God. You will experience a freedom in God that will transcend life’s challenges. It is our desire that your experience with F.Y.A. Ministries is inspirational, moving, edifying, exciting, and rewarding. Your needs and concerns are important to the ministry. As we worship the Lord together, we depend on Him to reveal both His awesome Love for us and His plan for our lives.
You have been created for a specific purpose. God has uniquely designed you with many specific gifts. Our hope is that you will be equipped with biblical principles to help you discover your gifts and fulfill your God given purpose.
FYA is called by God to empower young adult believers, ages 18-35, to be relevant and purposed in fulfilling their God given destiny, through the Word of God, and witness to others.
- To provide a prayer chain for specific needs that may arise in one’s life.
- To provide a network of resources for spiritual/personal growth & development.
- To build strong character and integrity.
- To promote an atmosphere where healthy relationships can be developed and sustained.
- To provide inspiring, exciting and life changing encounters through various outings and events.
- To emphasize love, unity, accountability, and commitment to one another.
- To motivate the enactment of each individual’s gifs as a vital part of their lives and ministry to others.
“Hot Topics Night”- Topics of discussion that allow participants to recommend and discuss topics they would like to explore within society today, which provides direction, clarity, and self growth from a biblical perspective. (1st Saturday’s of the Month)
“FYA Explosion Concert”- Praise and Worship concert event that proclaims the Word of God through song and word. It is a power packed time of gifted artist who minister in song through praise and worship, Gospel, Gospel Rap/Hip Hop, Poetry, Dance, Comedy and Spoken Word.
“Trailblazing”- Community outreach/evangelism that provides an opportunity for individuals to serve in a volunteer capacity to various community agencies, schools, churches, etc.
“Accountability Partners”-Participants are responsible for holding each other accountable through weekly contact, prayer request, sharing common interests, giving and accepting advice, constructive criticism, and encouragement. This offers an opportunity for members to develop a deeper healthy trusting relationship with one another.